"Wii Elbow" Leads to "Wii TV"
A couple days ago we reported on injuries sidelining careless Wii owners. Reports floated around about a
We're quickly learning that Nintendo's idea of combining gamers with physical exercise was not a good one. Beyond hurting themselves, it's now being reported that many players are accidentally slinging the remote across their living rooms, smashing the device into TVs, windows, family photos, and anything else destructible. Most complaints surround a combination of two big problems: sweating palms and faulty straps.
Although Nintendo supplies an apparatus to keep a wrist firmly connected to the remote, many gamers are complaining that it's hardly of reliable quality. Instead, the strap has been breaking on many overzealous Wii fans, causing the motion sensor controller to fly across rooms and into fragile valuables.
Nintendo has yet to comment on the problems, but it might not have a choice if gamers smash enough priceless vases or plasma televisions.